The popularity of the E-bike is undeniable. With more and more people opting for this transportation vehicle, the market demand is bigger than ever before. And that all comes not just from a current trend, but of the benefits that the E-bike delivers to the various age groups of people.
In some of our previous posts, we have covered all the benefits that the E-bike delivers, both to the people and to the environment. In a time when there is a worldwide pandemic still active in the world, and the pollution of the planet is on the highest possible level. It is up to each individual to take matters into their hands and do something that will contribute both to their health and to the planet. And commuting to and off work and switching your car with the e-bike is a great option to leave your mark on this process.
As mentioned above, the demand for E-bikes now is bigger than ever. People have seen how great is to ride an E-bike. Compared to the traditional bikes, the E-bikes come on a different level. With the pedal-assisted mode and the battery that can get you farther and quicker, the E-bike has truly become the transportation vehicle that is great for everyone.
So, if you are on the hunt for the first E-bike, then you need to do your proper research. E-bikes are not cheap, but what they deliver absolutely justifies the price. Although there are several different models of E-bikes available on the market, there are several questions that you need to ask yourself first and then proceed to shopping.
Here are some useful tips that will help you do the best e-bike choice.
What type of biking will you be doing on your new E-bike?
The first thing you need to consider when purchasing an E-bike is the type of ride you will be doing. Do you plan to ride mostly on the beach, or the boardwalk? Are you going to be commuting to and off work, or this is just a recreational bike? By answering these questions, you are making the first step into finding the right type of E-bike for you.
Beach cruisers and other cruisers with wider tires are a great option if you are going to be riding through sand. If your e-bike will be particularly for a city ride, then, go for a model that is designed for a city ride. These bikes usually have features like integrated lights and might even include a rearview mirror. If the e-bike comes with the priority of shredding trails, riding off-road tracks, and maybe even hunting, then you will most certainly need an E-bike that has front suspension or dual suspension. In this case, you need a mountain E-bike.
Consider the motor, the battery voltage, type of battery, and the total energy capacity
One of the primary questions about the endurance of the e-bike is the location of the electric motor. There are three alternatives. The motor can be located in the hub of the front wheel, in the hub of the rear wheel, or the middle of the bottom bracket. All of these solutions have their advantages and disadvantages:
- The motor in the front wheel provides minimum effort for the installation and removal, and it is a low-cost solution.
- The motor in the middle is a low center of gravity and provides stable mounting directly on the frame. It has a higher wear chain and indirect power transmission.
- The motor in the rear wheel has direct power transmission at the drive wheel. It does require a lot of effort for maintenance, as well as installation and removal.
Besides the motor, there is the battery and the mileage range for each e-bike. The voltage, the type of battery material, and total energy capacity in Ah is an important thing to consider.
Voltage equals acceleration. 24V and below do not accelerate as quickly as the 36-48 V E-bikes. Lithium is the best material for the e-bike battery. The range cannot be accurately predicted, however, most e-bikes can go 10-15 miles of range for every 3A of capacity. For longer rides, it is best to go with at least 10 Ah capacity.
When you have considered these important things, you can focus more on purchasing the right model.
Cruiser E-bike purchasing tips
The majority of cruiser bikes have a wider, softer seat and high handlebars. This is particularly because this model is specifically designed for comfortable riding. Here are some tips to consider when purchasing a cruiser E-bike:
- Go for the model that will provide the biggest comfort, from start to finish;
- Choose the one that gives the most value for money, regardless of the price;
- The cruiser e-bike should not be too heavy;
- It should not fall short of the riding range;
- It should have a quest motor and decent motor power and speed.
These general tips come greatly combined in the Himiway Long Range Step-Thru Electric Bike.
All-Terrain E-Bike purchasing tips
If the new e-bikes purpose is for exploring new trails, landscapes, riding in the woods, and even some sports activities like hunting, then you should go for an all-terrain, aka a mountain e-bike. When buying one, consider the important things such as:
- Opt for fat tires, since they provides better balance and stability. Choose the right size;
- Go for a silent motor. This will come in very handy when hunting or some other activity. It will leave no scent.
- The All-terrain e-bikes should carry your transporting gear;
- The all-terrain e-bike should have a gearshift, to make hill climbing easier.
If your choice falls on the all-terrain e-bike, then go for the Himiway Cruiser E-bike model.
These are just some of the tips that will make the entire e-bike shopping process easier.