1. Can electric bikes get wet?
So, what's the best mechanism for keeping your Himiway electric mountain bike working in wet conditions? Himiway E-bikes are water-resistant, but not waterproof. Short term, your e-bike can get wet and be in the rain, but any long-term exposure can cause serious problems. It's important to note that no e-bike is entirely waterproof (even if they claim to be). Just like any other electronics, a smartphone, for instance, might be "water-resistant" but it is not waterproof. Well, riding an electric bike in the rain is absolutely fine, as long as you take the necessary precautions, you should continue to feel comfortable.
1. While it's fine to ride your e-bike in the rain, as a precautionary measure, you'll want to avoid riding in excessive rain.2. Apply dielectric grease to the electrical contact points of your e-bike. This precautionary measure can help to prevent corrosion and contamination.
3. Just like with the bike itself, drying the battery is a crucial step once you're done riding. Even if you were just in light rain, you never want to risk your e-bike's battery becoming wet.
4. Put the electric bicycle in a dry and ventilated place when not in use. In order to prevent the electric bicycle from getting wet, the time of using the electric bicycle is shortened.
2. Can you ride an e-bike without the battery?
Yes, all e-bikes by Himiwaybike can be pedaled just like a conventional bike without any motor assistance. The direct-drive motor on the Himiway Cruiser and Himiway Step-Thru does have a small amount of resistance when power assistance is disengaged, but most people do not notice it or feel held back. Because our model is an all-terrain electric bicycle, we can easily enjoy riding on various terrains when riding a Himiway electric bicycle.
3. How long does the battery last on an electric bike?
Battery life is calculated in charge cycles. This means it depends on the number of full charges (from 0 to 100%) that they can undergo before their effectiveness gradually diminishes, until they no longer function at all. Himiway electric bicycles use Samsung/LG Li-ion batteries. E-bike battery life expectancy is mainly determined by the battery type. Lithium batteries tend to become widespread and may hold up to 1000 charge cycles. In theory, an electric bicycle battery can undergo several hundred charge cycles. How much exactly? That depends on the battery type concerned. The way you take care of your battery will also affect its life. For example, if you store your battery somewhere dry and protected from temperature fluctuations, you will keep it longer. In general, with regular use, an electric bike battery becomes less efficient after 3 to 5 years.
4. How fast does a 750w E-bike go?
When you're buying or building your new e-bike, one of the most asked questions is: which electric bicycle power rating will suit me the best? Especially when you are looking at the specifications, we always find the watts, voltage and all kinds of confusing information. But, in reality, what do all of these means? Most people think that the higher the wattage, the faster their bicycle will be. However, this is far from the truth. The proper thinking is higher wattage means higher power, which is not translated directly into speed. So, the more power you need, the more complicated the adaptation to the terrain, and the more power you need. Himiway uses a 750W motor to meet all your needs.